style="margin-top:40px;"

nanikana travel: Australian Homestay



SEND YOUR WRITING, PICTURES AND VIDEO TO nanikanablog(@)gmail.com

« Home | Krabi, Thailand »

Australian Homestay

I went Australia on March for home stay. In those days, I was tired of daily life and needed an exciting event. So I decided to go foreign country. My motto is “Strike while the iron is hot” so I went Australia a month later.

It took about 8 hours to go Australia. A time difference is only an hour so I left Japan at night on 5th March and arrived at Australia on 6th March, morning. When I go out from airport, the white, sweet smell flowers were in full bloom. Sweet smell everywhere and the sky was beautiful blue. I was excited!

A week days, I planned to go to language learning school and the day I arrived at Australia was Monday so I went school directly. Around 6p.m. I met my host family. My host family was a father and a mother. They were welcomed me and guide their house. As soon as I put my luggage at my room, they took me to their daughter’s birthday party. There I was kissed on my lip by daughter’s boyfriend. I was really surprised. I can’t forget.

Every week days I left home at 7a.m. and go back home 3p.m. I didn’t stop over so much because the dinner time is 6p.m. and they go to bed until 10p.m. That is general Australian people’s routine. They sleep early so I couldn’t have enough time to have a conversations unless go back home directly.

My host family took me Natural Park to show me an animals like koalas, kangaroos and crocodiles. On Saturday, host mother and I went shopping. We spent lot of time together. That was really nice.

One day I went surfing lesson. I can’t swim but when I saw beautiful sea, I decided to try. After surfing, I got too much sun burned so my mother put me a cold lotion. Host mother treats me as her real daughter and I was very happy.

One day I went to see grow worm. That is world heritage. That was unbelievable beauty glow. Blue grow everywhere and fortunately I could see the Milky Way, there. I experienced, see and hear lots of new thing. Something changed in my mind.

The last night, we had hag each other and cried.
The last day, host mother gave me a letter which was filled with love.
Still we keep in touch.
My left cheek is still remembering mother’s kiss.
My right cheek is still remembering father’s kiss.
I really love them.

I am planning to go on a homestay visit to America during next spring vacation, so I was fascinated by your article title "Australian Homestay". I felt that you had a great time in Australia after finish reading your article. Your host family looked so kind to you and I can imagine that you were happy to be with your host family.
You were really kissed on your lips by thier daughter's boyfriend, weren't you? I was so surprised, too. It is impossible in Japan, surely you will never forget about it in the future.

Post a Comment

Nanikana Links

Previous posts