style="margin-top:40px;"

nanikana travel: Krabi, Thailand



SEND YOUR WRITING, PICTURES AND VIDEO TO nanikanablog(@)gmail.com

« Home

Krabi, Thailand

I traveled to Krabi, Thailand in February this year. The reason I chose Krabi is because a friend of mine who lives there was getting married, and I was invited to his wedding ceremony. He has a bar and a restaurant on Nopparathara beach in Krabi – you can check it out at www.badhabitloft.com . But anyway, Krabi is a great place for a holiday. It is about a one hour flight from Bankgok and is on the west coast of Thailand, near the island Phuket.


It is much quieter than Phuket, so it is a good place to relax. But there is still a lot to do. The beaches are beautiful and you can take boat trips out to the surrounding islands to go snorkeling, see some monkeys, or just lie in the sun! You can even visit where the made the Leonardo diCaprio movie "The Beach" - here it is in the photo on the left.










I also took a few kayaking trips. This was great exercise, but also relaxing at the same time.











I went seakayaking around lots of different islands, and also through a mangrove forest where I saw lots more monkeys! Can you see the monkey hiding in the tree?









This hot spring was in the jungle. It was the first time I had ever visited a hot spring outside of Japan. Again, there were monkeys everywhere.

I also went rockclimbing. Krabi is world famous for this. It was a bit scary for me though, as I don't really like heights. But it was a great adrenalin rush! I'd like to try it again. So if you like sun, sea, activities, and cold Singha beer, Krabi is the place to go!

Nanikana Links

Previous posts